Saturday, April 29
Sunday, April 30
Monday, May 1
Wednesday, May 3
Thursday, May 4
- FaithPoint is celebrating the National Day of Prayer with other area churches from 7:00-8:00 am in the upper meeting room of City Hall (use the South entrance). Come join us for fellowship and praying for families, our nation, service workers, businesses, schools, churches, etc
- Rely, Reach, Respond The Pledges are still coming in for our Rely, Reach, Respond Campaign. At last count we had received about $648,000 in pledges toward building a new church. Please place your FP Pledge Card in the Red Box at the back of the sanctuary. If you would like more information please contact either the church office or Becky Cox (651-485-6287). See our Rely, Reach, Respond page for all the latest campaign info. including our New Online Pledge Form – to make submitting your pledge even easier!
- Youth Group is done for the school year. Watch for upcoming outings to Feed my Starving Children, Simpson Housing, other service projects, campout, and Cedar Lake Farm Day throughout the summer.
- Mission Trip Fundraiser: This summer, 10 FaithPoint members will be going on a mission trip to Mexico through Mazahua Valley Ministries. They are hosting an all you can eat spaghetti dinner (including garlic bread and salad) at Carbone’s on Sunday, May 7 from 4-7 pm. Tickets are $11 (children 8 and under are free). You can purchase your tickets Sunday at the Information Table or contact Becky Cox.
- Choir: Practice will held Monday May 8 at 7 pm. All are invited to join!
- Block of Blessing: Saturday, April 29 from 9 am-1 pm. See all the details here.
- Interested in membership at FaithPoint? Our next New Member Class will be held on Sunday, April 30 from 3-5 pm. A welcome meal will follow. Childcare will be provided if you sign up at least a week in advance. Sign up at the Information Table or contact Gretchen Havlicek or Pastor Steve.
- Lawn mowing: We are beginning to compile our lawn mowing schedule for this summer. Last year, we had about 15-20 people who took a week or two to mow and trim the church grounds. Lawn mowers are provided in the shed or, if you prefer, you can bring your own. Time commitment is about 60-90 minutes on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday (depending on weather) once or twice this summer. If you’d be willing to help out, contact Pastor Steve or sign up at the Information Table.
- Men’s Breakfast: Saturday, May 13 at 7:30 am. All men are invited to attend.
- Recognition of our High School Graduates: Our Faith Stepping Stone Graduation Celebration for high school graduates and their families is Sunday, May 21 at 8:30 am. A continental breakfast and short program will be held downstairs following the service. If you haven’t sent your photos and information to Becky, please do so ASAP. An evite will be sent out this week. If you have a graduating senior and haven’t been contacted please notify the church office.
Summer Youth Programs:
- Summer Stretch: Middle School youth (Grades 6-8) register now for Summer Stretch. Registration deadline is May 7! More information and registration forms are now available!
- Vacation Bible School is June 19-23rd! Forms now available.
- Kids Camp – for kids ages 4 through entering 3rd Grade.
- Sports Camp – for kids entering Grade 4-6.
- Sara Westing and Kaysie Pakiz are directors for Kids Camp.
- Kesenya Havlicek is a director for Sports Camp.
- Many volunteers Grade 7 through adult are needed; call the church office and we will have one of our VBS directors contact you.
- Carpenter and painter needed. The combined St. Wenceslaus/FaithPoint Vacation Bible School Team would like to have a permanent wooden sign made promoting their combined VBS. We need something that can have a spot for the dates that change each year but the basic sign stays the same. Can you help us construct this sign that will be placed on Main Street in front of St. Wenceslaus from May 15 – June 23? Contact Gretchen Havlicek at church if you can help.
- Camp Omega: “Youth Camp” for 9-13 year olds; August 6-11 in Waterville. Pick up a brochure at the Information Table for information on how to register or register online at www.campomega.org.
Thank You…to Jeanne Tikalsky for donating the double electric skillet.
Thanks to Trisha Otterness and Kristen Thoresen for organizing and leading Confirmation. Thank you also to the Bible Study Leaders; Jason Fjeldahl, Susan Wyatt, Denis Otterness, Barb Nyreen, Joel Erickson, Scott Gratz, Karla Vivant, Molly Vivant, Mary Gaulke, Cheryl Larson, Neil Trygestad, Brad Carlson, and Amy Ussatis.