At FaithPoint, we desire to passionately support all people as they develop and deepen their personal relationship with Jesus. We strive to help people walk in His ways. And as a community of faith, we desire to serve the community in supreme acts of service and kindness in Jesus’ name. We invite you to join us.
With God’s richest blessings upon your life,
Pastor Steve Trewartha
Join us for worship on Saturday, Dec. 7, at 5 p.m. in the Ministry Center or Sunday, Dec. 8 at 9:30 a.m. in the New Prague HS auditorium. Isaiah paints a picture of peace that seems unattainable…Read more in our Weekend Preview. There will be no pull out or Fellowship this Sunday, due to the wrestling Tournament. Sunday School and Adult Sermon Discussions are at the Ministry Center following the Service. Coffee and Cookies will be provided.
During this weekend’s services: We plan to share some opportunities for helping families in need during the Christmas season (gift giving).
- As a church, we will take a special offering to help with “Adopt a Family.”
- We will also make tags available for people to buy gifts for children in the New Prague area who otherwise would not receive a Christmas gift.
- If you know of children who would not otherwise be receiving any Christmas gifts, please let Pr. Steve or a staff person know and we will make sure they receive one.
Sunday School: On Dec 8, the Sunday school students in grades 1-5 need 5 empty toilet paper or paper towels rolls for a craft. If you have any to donate, you can bring them by the Ministry Center by Saturday, December 7th.
- The Children’s Christmas Program practice will be Sunday from 4-6pm at the Ministry Center.
- Mission Team Meeting will be Monday Dec 9th at 7pm at the Ministry Center.
- Pastor Steve’s Bible Study will meet Tues at 10am at the Ministry Center. They are studying the book of Ecclesiastes.
- The Women’s Bible Study will meet Wed at 10am at Jan’s Stratton’s home.
- JAM will meet Wednesday night from 5:30-7pm in the Ministry Center.
- Confirmation: The 6th and 7th grade will meet from 7-8:30pm while the 8th grade will meet from 6:30-8:30pm. They will be working on their Service Projects.
- The High School Youth will meet Wednesday night from 7-8:30pm in the upstairs commons at the Middle School.
- Men’s Ministry: Men’s breakfast is Sat, Dec 14 from 7:30-9am at the Ministry Center.
- The 8th grade Confirmation students will be holding a Bake Sale following the church service on Sunday Dec 15th. If you are willing to donate a dozen cookies, bars, etc., for the bake sale, please drop them off on Dec 15th prior to the service. Read more…
- Ladies, Our Christmas Gathering will be held on Sunday, December 15th at the Ministry Center from 6:30-8pm. Join us for a special time with dessert, fellowship, and a devotional. Sign up here.
- The Fruit from the Youth Group Fruit Sale will be delivered to the Ministry Center on December 18th.
- Christmas Eve Services: Our first service on Christmas Eve will be at 4pm at the High School. There will also be a Candle Light Service at 10pm at the Ministry Center.
- Christmas Eve Poinsettia’s: If you are interested, please feel free to bring a Poinsettia in on Christmas Eve to set around the altar area. Any size or color would be great and you can either take it back home with you after the service or we will transport it over to the Ministry Center for the 10:00pm service. If you have any questions, please contact Jan Stratton @ 952.758.9593.
- HS Youth Group Music Opportunity: The youth will be doing the music on the 2nd Saturday of each month at the 5pm service. Find out more… Please read the Update re: our Dec. 7 trip to the Simpson Housing Shelter.
Thanks to all those who helped with the food, set up, serving and clean-up of the funeral lunch this past Tuesday: Duane and Jan Stratton, Kelli and Cassie Dworshak, Michelle Buetow, Joan Walter, Kathy Wiskocil, Marge Fradenburg, Mary Johnson, Jeanne Tikalsky, Lynette Galchutt, Lisa Transburg, and Jan, Jordan, and Ellen Clay.