Fasting is deliberating abstaining from food to spend time with God.
- Try to spend one day (24 hours) in fasting sometime this week.
- If you are pregnant, diabetic or have any kind of medical condition, talk to a medical professional before fasting.
- The purpose of fasting is to intentionally go without something (food) so that we may more fully live with God.
- Use your time of fasting to connect with God through prayer, meditation or memorizing Scripture. Don’t just busy yourself w/other activities.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Fasting can also be used for spiritual renewal, healing, resolution of problems, special grace to handle a difficult situation.
- Spend time during your fast asking for God’s guidance.
- Break your fast slowly by eating fruits and vegetables for your first meal.
- For more information on fasting, visit www.cru.org/training-and-growth/devotional-life